The French pressure cell press, or French press, is an apparatus used in biological experimentation to disrupt the plasma membrane of cells by passing them through a narrow valve under high pressure.
The French Press can also be used for disintegration of chloroplasts, homogenates of animal tissue, and other biological particles. It is capable of disrupting cell walls while leaving the cell nucleus undisturbed. The press uses an external hydraulic pump to drive a piston within a larger cylinder that contains the liquid sample. The highly pressurized sample is then squeezed past a needle valve. As the sample passes through the valve, the fluid experiences shear stress and decompression, causing cellular disruption.
A French press is commonly used to break the resilient plasma membrane and cell walls of bacteria and other microorganisms for isolation of proteins and other cellular components. The disruption of cells in a French press generates ‘inside-out’ membrane vesicles which are required for many in vitro biochemical assays.
- The FRENCH PRESS G-M™ matches the performance of traditional FRENCH PRESSES.
- Old style Standard PRESSURE CELLS (40 kpsi; 35ml) can be used. Sold separately.
- Highest pressure hydraulic press commercially available to disrupt the toughest cells.
- Internal pressures generated within the Standard PRESSURE CELL can attain 40,000 psi.
- Sample volumes to 35ml with Standard PRESSURE CELL; minimal sample loss.
- Highly Polished Mirror Finish Stainless Steel Housing: 150 grit electro polished for sanitary applications and for ease of cleaning
- Large easy to read 6” Hydraulic Pressure Gauge. Mounted prominently on front. Preferred over a tiny digital display.
- Pressure limits clearly marked on Pressure Gauge.
- Pressure Regulator Valve offers good control, easy to operate.
- Ratio Selector Switch is non-mechanical, twin solenoids for long life.
- Forced air inter-cooler for hydraulic fluid to maintain proper fluid viscosity.
- Tables for Hydraulic Pressure Gauge reading conversion to Inner
- PRESSURE CELL pressure conveniently located on front panel.
- All individual electrical components are UL approved.
- Automatic Internal Safety Stop prevents Piston from contacting bottom of PRESSURE CELL.
- Automatic hydraulic pressure release when in full down stop position.
- Timer will shutdown motor if inadvertently left running (later versions).
- Prominent E-Stop for added safety.
- Easy access T-handle holder to secure top of Piston.
- High, non-skid feet for ease of cleaning underneath.
- Secure metal ring on platen to hold PRESSURE CELL at bottom in vertical position.
- Hold-down plate across top to secure PRESSURE CELL in place with two easy-turn nuts.
- Low sound levels.
- No pinch points.
- No hot surfaces.
RENTAL PROGRAM for FRENCH PRESS G-M™
It is our pleasure to present this Offer for Rental of the FRENCH PRESS G-M™ (or older FRENCH PRESS versions) and for the Purchase of the Standard PRESSURE CELL (40 kpsi; 35ml).
The renting allows for extensive testing to prove suitability of this technology before purchase. Additionally, the program allows for completing short term projects without major capital expenditures. Offer is for US and Canada locations. Limited numbers of units are available.
Rental periods are one month minimum, no time limits. The PRESSURE CELL is not returnable. [/fusion_tab